AmigaActive (1938/2143)

From:Kevin Fairhurst
Date:30 May 2000 at 12:13:17
Subject:Re: CacheCDFS device drivers

On Tue, 30 May 2000 11:03:37 -0000, Jonathan Hart (j.hart@ukonline.co.uk) wrote:
> Could any CacheCDFS (OS 3.5) users tell me if running two device
> drivers for the same CD device would work?
>
> I`ve made a little arexx script that opens my CD audio player on
> inserting a CD but it works for every kind of CD, not just red book
> which is preferable of course. Ideally I thought of splitting CD0:
> into say, CDA: and CDS: with one device driver working with just
> audio
> CD`s, but CacheCDFS may not allow this much configuration... just
> though I`d ask if anyone knows a way it really would work.

Erm, why not use a nice little AmigaDOS script on insertion?

-->8

FailAt 21
cd CD0: >NIL:
If Fail

; We cannot change dir to the CD, so it must be audio ...

Run <>NIL: Work:CDPlayers/MyCDPlayer

EndIf

-->8

Of course, this wont work for mixed CDs, e.g. ones with audio AND data ...

Kev

Kevin "Redvers" Fairhurst - ICQ 56332267, redver5 on AIM